Sunday, February 13, 2011

She slept!

Tonight was a milestone. Jak slept...without being held by someone. It has been a struggle to put her down since we brought her home. She prefers to be held at all times, and we prefer not to hear her scream her lungs out, so we endulge her. Now don't get me wrong - we do put her down and try to let her sleep on her own, but mommies can only take hearing their baby cry for so long.

Well tonight we put her in her swing (which she has hated until now) and let her cry for a bit. Then, to our amazement, she stopped and fell asleep. Meredith and I were in such shock that we couldn't even finish our dinner. We grabbed the digital camera, the video camera, and my phone so I could call my mom and tell her. She slept on her own for 20 minutes before she cried and we picked her up. We are so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment