Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Introducing Jak

She's here! After 12 hours of labor, the little person we waited 9 months for made her entrance into the world on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 7:05 a.m. She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 18.8 inches long. She is perfect.

I was scheduled to be induced at 9 p.m. on Wednesday January 26th, but went into labor on my own at 7:11 p.m. that night. By the time we got to the hospital around 8:45 p.m., I was already in pretty heavy labor. Once I was admitted, I was 2 cm and 70% effaced. I got my epidural and quickly went from 2 to 5 cm...then 8cm...then 10cm. Another quick dose of epidural, then it was time to push. After an hour and 20 minutes, she was here. Meredith got to cut the umbilical cord and be the first person to hold her.

We spent two nights in the hospital and got home on Saturday the 29th and it's been heaven ever since...except I imagine that in heaven you get to sleep from time to time. Even with the lack of sleep, and the constant checking to make sure she is still breathing, I wouldn't change this for the world. I don't know how I ever lived this long without Jak. Now we are a family. Now my life really begins....

1 comment: