Monday, September 19, 2011

Mommy turns 31

I turned 31 on Friday. Or should I say it was the 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday. Anything past 30 I don't want to celebrate. I probably would have had a break down when I turned 30 if I hadn't been pregnant.

Jak and Meredith sent me a HUGE bouquet of flowers with a teddy bear and took me out to dinner to my favorite restaurant. Jak was so well behaved that it was probably the best gift she could have given me.

Later, Meredith gave me the cards they got me. She said she agonized over finding the perfect card for me, from Jak. She finally found one that was perfect - It had the Superman emblem on on the front in pink, which matches a pink Superman onesie Jak had as a newborn. I opened it and gave her a weird look, which she interpreted as "Yes. The perfect card!" I read it and looked at her again and then said "You know this is the EXACT same card that I got you for your birthday from Jak, right?" She was mortified. She had totally forgotten. It wouldn't have really been that funny except for the fact that Meredith went on and on about how perfect that card was when I gave it to her and she loved it and couldn't imagine a better card. Apparently, 3 months later she lost all memory. Oh well, we had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment