Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday planning is underway

I'm in a birthday party planning frenzy. Yes, it's true - Jak won't turn 1 until the end of January, but I'm a Virgo and we believe in planning!

I have already picked the theme - Yo Gabba Gabba. That is Jak's favorite show. In fact, she's watching it right now. I've been online looking up decorations from other parents who threw Yo Gabba Gabba birthday parties. I found an invitation I like and my friend (a graphic designer) is going to replicate it for me. I also found Jak's birthday party outfit, which I'll order closer to her birthday just to make sure we get the right size. I've sent different pictures of cakes to my brother who will be making her cake. Lucky for me (probably not so lucky for him in this case) he is a fantastic baker and one hell of an artist so I know he can do just about anything I want him to do, but we haven't come to an agreement on the cake just yet. :) Below are pics of the cakes he made for my nephew's 1st birthday. He had a Veggie Tales birthday!





I've looked into several places to host the party because our house is just not big enough. I think I found a good place and need to book it soon because believe it or not, I'm not the only crazy parent planning for winter birthday parties.

I know Jak won't remember any of this party. I know she doesn't need all of this. I know it'll only last 2 hours and be over in a flash, but I don't care. She's my baby and she's going to have one kick butt birthday! Besides, how could you not want to throw a party for this cute little thing....











1 comment:

  1. Will she remember? Absolutely not. That's why we take pictures! It's proof!! We're doing Elmo. And I thought WE were planning early! You have me way beat...but I'm an Aquarian, we procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete