Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy half birthday to you!

Six months old today. Wow. Sometimes it feels like only a second has gone by, and other times it feels like Jak has always been here...I can't really remember what life was like before her. I know that since she's been here I've never been happier.

Every night before I go to bed, I say my prayers. They're pretty standard prayers - I usually say the same thing every night. I thank God for Meredith and my mom, but I always start out by thanking him for Jak. Here's the gist....

Dear God,

Thank you so much for bringing Jak to me. Please watch over her and keep her safe and healthy. Hold her hand and walk through life with her, even when she thinks she doesn't need you. Help her to be a good person and a good daughter. Please take any pain she may ever feel and put it onto me instead. Please help the world be more accepting. Again, thank you for Jak. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Amen

I've said that prayer (or something close to it) nearly every night since Jak was born. She is the best thing to ever happen to me. I just never thought I could love someone so much. And I know that Meredith feels the same way. We're very blessed mommies.

6 months ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment