Monday, January 23, 2012

First Birthday Extravaganza

On Saturday we celebrated Jak's first birthday. It has been months of planning and even though I know that we went overboard, I think it was well worth it.

The venue: Firefly Play Cafe. This is a great indoor space for kids. All of the toys are mentally stimulating, and require no batteries. Very cool.

The food: We catered in Raising Cane's chicken fingers and fries, as well as sandwiches, chips, and the usual party food. I also prepared brownie pops (which were a pain!) but they turned out well.

The theme: Yo Gabba Gabba. This is Jak's favorite show. She lights up as soon as she hears the theme song. We ordered huge cut-outs of each character. We had dozens of balloons that matched the color scheme.  We also ordered special M&M's with pictures of Jak on one side and "Jak is 1!" on the other. The party favors were lots of YGG goodies inside a DJ Lance Rock's boom box. Super cute! The candy bowls, the silverware, the tablecloths...it all matched our theme and looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.

The cakes: YGG themed as well, and made by my brother. The cakes were almost more popular than Jak was. They were outstanding! He is so talented. I told him what I wanted and he made it happen.

Jak: We had a special outfit made for her from Posh Birthday Shop. She was so cute I couldn't stand it. She had so much fun playing with everyone. When we sang Happy Birthday, she smiled so big as if to say "This is all for me?" Of course, I cried a little bit. To think, my baby is (almost) 1. It seems like yesterday I was going into labor. And here I am, the mother of a toddler. Where does the time go?

Enjoy some pictures from the party (taken by my good friend, Vincent).












Mommy and Mimmy bought her a bike for her birthday.

Jak's smash cake, courtesy of Uncle Jamie 

Birthday cake!!



Singing "Happy Birthday." Mommy cried.




Beautiful family



As our beautiful daughter turns one, I can't help but look into her eyes and think that she is here all because two people fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment