Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First Halloween

Halloween turned out to be a bigger deal in our house than originally planned. We ordered Jak's costume in early September. I knew exactly what I wanted - a pink elephant. It was perfect...or so I thought. When it arrived, it was horrible. It looked nothing like it did in the picture, so we sent it back and looked for costume #2.

Meredith and I could not agree on anything. I really wanted to buy a peacock that I saw online, but I found out that Jak's friend in daycare had that costume and, well, it's completely out of the question for them to have the same costume. Finally, we saw a skunk that was pretty cute and we ordered it. We waited and waited for it to come and a week before Halloween I got an email saying that they were out of stock and were going to refund my money.

So the hunt was on for costume #3. We went to 3 different Halloween stores. We tried on a ton of stuff and finally it came down to a lady bug or a monkey. So...we bought both. We tried the outfits on for friends and family, took a poll, and ultimately decided to go with the monkey. So Jak went to her daycare Halloween party as a monkey, and boy was she cute! She even had a super cute post-costume outfit to change into at daycare, complete with orange tutu. They just don't come any cuter than my baby!





A monkey and a Mimmy 


A monkey with her mommies


 I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment