Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back to reality

After eight very short weeks, I went back to work this week, which means that Jak spent her first week at daycare. I knew this was coming for a long time, and to be honest, I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. I am happy to report, I made it through the week unscathed, and so did Jak. Saying goodbye on Monday was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I haven't been away from her for more than an hour or so at a time, so thinking about nine hours a day without my baby was torture. Lucky for me, I love my job and I love the people I work with. My "Welcome Back" was great. I even received flowers from a good friend and from Meredith. Plus, calling the daycare a few times a day to check on her helped a lot. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good week. And it makes me appreciate the evenings and weekends that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment